We’re early days in the process of putting up our first hackerspace. Although we have a committed core group, there are always things to be done and extra help is really appreciated. We’re especially interested in finding experts for various projects. We’d like to think we know it all but we don’t!
If you can help on any of these items, please use our contact form, comment below, or send an email to president at inspirationlabs followed by .us (not .com).
- We need a qualified electrician to look at one of our proposed spaces to estimate upgrading the electrical.
- We need an expert to guide us through the process of obtaining 501c(3) status from the IRS.
- We need members! Hey, it’s $50/month and lots of good things happen when we have money to improve our space. Visit the membership page to get the application and pay online.
- Teach a class! Nothing builds community faster than a little education. If it’s free, great! If you’d like to charge for it, we can work with that too. We’ll provide the space, you bring the class!
- Not quite ready to join? You can stay informed about our goings on by subscribing to our contact list. You’ll only receive messages tailored to your interest.
- Attend a class! Check out our schedule of events at meetup.com. If you don’t see a class you’re looking for, let us know.
- Volunteer! Not only don’t we know it all, we also can’t do it all. We need help with space planning, implementing software and standing up a server for the space, gathering specs for and evaluating equipment, designing a logo, upgrading our crappy website, budgeting for our new space, and more. Whether you have a little time or a lot, everything moves faster if there are more hands on deck.